Cozy Winter Breakfast
Caramel Apple Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced (plus extra for garnish if desired
- a few pinches of ground cinnamon
Thrive Foods Salted Caramel Sauce (remove lid and heat in microwave on low for 20 seconds for easy drizzling)
- In a large mixing flour, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla extract, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk together just until combined. Do not over mix. Don’t worry about small lumps. The batter will be thick.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto a lightly greased griddle pan on medium heat; it’s best to cook these slowly.
- Sprinkle on some diced apple pieces and sprinkle each pancake with ground cinnamon before flipping. You know when your pancake is ready to flip when small bubbles appear on the surface of the batter. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the center is fully cooked.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.