Frequently Asked Questions
Why are your meals delivered frozen?
As any chef will tell you, a meal is at its best the moment it has been prepared. That's when we freeze it. By doing so, we retain all the goodness and flavour so it will taste and appear as if you had just made it yourself when you are ready to enjoy it. All our meals are designed to go from the freezer to the oven, stove top, grill or microwave without thawing. Simple reheating/cooking instructions are included with each meal.
How long will frozen meals last in the freezer?
Once you've sampled our meals, you won't want to wait long to eat them! However, frozen meals have a long shelf life (up to 1 year from date of production), please refer to the 'produced on' date on the label. We produce all our meals in small batches from scratch ensuring you receive the "freshest" frozen meals possible.
Do I need to thaw your products before cooking?
All our menu items are simply cooked directly from the freezer. Each come with their own simple to reheat/bake from frozen instructions. You can also thaw and reheat/bake if you wish. With the exception of our soups and chili, all our meals come in oven and microwave proof bases.
How do I cook your products?
Our soups and chili can be reheated on the stove top - simply run hot water around the outside container to loosen the contents and empty into a medium pot. Reheat gently for 10-15 minute or until hot. They can also be thawed in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in a pot for 5-10 minutes or until hot.
Our entree family meals can be reheated/cooked in a conventional oven and although the base of our containers are microwaveable we do not recommend that method unless you are reheating left-overs. Please note the lids on our entree family meals are not oven proof or microwaveable.
Our popular burritos are packed in 4's but individually packed so you can enjoy one at a time. Simply unwrap the burrito and discard the wrapping. Dampen a paper towel with water, wrap the burrito and place on a microwaveable plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy. Note: microwave strengths vary.
Our scones are pre-scored prior to freezing so you can cut and bake from frozen
Where are your meals made?
All of our menu items are prepared from scratch at our Federally inspected, CFIA approved kitchen in Oakville, Ontario. You are welcome to visit us any time at 1414 Wallace Road.
Are your containers recyclable?
Yes, all our packaging is recyclable.
How do I order from Dinner At Home Meals?
We have 3 easy ways for you to enjoy our meals.
1. Shop Online and pick up from our Oakville Ontario head kitchen at 1414 Wallace Road. (or just stop in and see what we're cooking and purchase on site).
2. Sign Up for our Subscription Meal Service and we will deliver to you weekly with no commitment - pause, skip or cancel at any time. MORE DETAILS
3. Visit a Retailer who carries our meals.
Still can't decide how you want to enjoy our meals? Contact us and we'll be happy to discuss the best solution for you!
Where do you deliver?
As a subscription member you receive free weekly delivery. Check our Delivery Map to see if we deliver in your area.
Will my subscription automatically renew?
Yes we will continue to bill you monthly and deliver your weekly meals but there is no minimum commitment. You can pause, skip or cancel your subscription at any time by sending us an email.
What is the difference between your plans?
We offer 2 main plans to suit your needs.
- Our 2-Person Plan consists of 2 or 3 meals that are perfectly portioned for 2 and delivered to your door once a week.
- Based on your preferences, you’re able to select meals from our seasonal menu and monthly changing menu options created by our Dinner At Home Meals team each month (or let us make selections for you). Plus you will receive 2 or 3 fresh salads/sides that compliment your menu choices each week.
- Our Family Plan is perfect for feeding a family of 4 and consist of 2, 3 or 4 meals that are delivered to your door once a week.
- Based on your preferences, you're able to select meals from our seasonal menu and monthly changing menu options created by our Dinner At Home Meals team each month (or let us make selections for you). Plus you will received 2, 3 or 4 fresh salads/sides that compliment your menu choices each week.
- Click here to sign up for the plan that works best for you.
How do I choose my meals?
Once you have joined as a subscription member and chosen your plan (2 Person or Family Plan) we will confirm your subscription and send you a link to our Membership Menu Page each month to choose your meals. We will then send you your meals each week for that month. Each month we will send you a reminder email with a link to our monthly menus so you can choose the next months delicious meals. There is no commitment and you can choose to pause, skip or cancel your membership at any time. VIEW THIS MONTH'S MENU
How do I pay?
You can pay by credit card securely on our website. We accept major credit cards but we are unable to process debit cards by Interact at this time. If paying by cheque, please make it out to Dinner At Home Meals.
Can I buy your meals as a gift for a relative or friend?
Absolutely. Contact us and we can arrange for an order or Gift certificates are also available.
How do I cancel my subscription?
If you’d like to cancel your account, follow these simple steps:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll receive an email from Dinner At Home Meals with instructions to complete the cancellation process.
Please note, you must cancel 5 days prior to your next scheduled delivery date or you will be responsible for all charges incurred for that next delivery week.
Have more questions? Contact us we will get right back to you or call us at 905.580.5191